Longterm training program
Long-term training program with Thannal
Instead of apprenticeships/internships for Architects/ engineers, we offer long-term training programs with Thannal.
‘Long-term training program’ at Thannal is for young and aspiring Natural Builders who are serious about learning Natural building methods and want to be a natural builders.
We look forward to people whose interests lie in understanding the principles of Thannal.
- 12 Months/1-year
- 4-6 Months (only for Architecture students)
Two positions are available.
- Architects/ Architecture students (Read, write and speak Tamil)
- Architects/ Architecture students (Read, write and speak Hindi)
It is open to youngsters aged 20-24 who are enthusiastic about learning and want to choose careers in pure natural building.
You’ll learn the following:
- Hands-on experience in the foundation, wall systems, roofing and finishes
- Documentation of construction methods.
Composing and publishing articles, videos and books.
- Designing and drafting for in-campus projects.
- Assisting in hands-on workshops on campus.
- Assisting in executing any Natural building works on campus and Thannal projects.
- Going on-site visits and assisting in managing works on other sites.
- Assisting in research and study
- Exploring at least one traditional construction technique by themselves, documenting and publishing it through Thannal.com during the second half of training.
After this training program?
- Work with Thannal on a salaried basis or
- Work on individual Projects.
- Consultation for other natural building projects.
We prefer a longer duration with Thannal to practise.
- The total tuition fee for a long-term training program of one year is INR 70,000/.
- For 4 months/ 6 months Training program, the total tuition fee is INR 40,000/.
- If the candidate has already attended the workshop or purchased the online course, he/she shall be provided discounts for the program fees.
Other Conditions for joining the program:
- Writing skill is necessary.
- You have to manage your accommodation, food and transportation.
- You must know how to ride a bike/scooter.
- It would be best if you had a good-performing laptop suitable for architectural renders, etc.
Tentative Joining – January 1st week, 2023
For further queries before filling out the form, kindly write to us – at thannalroots<@>gmail.com
If you do not receive any reply mail within a week from us, please consider your application rejected.
To Apply, Kindly fill out the form below.
This post is also available in: Tamil