Weekend 2 days Workshop- Essentials of Building with Earth
August 2018, October 2018, April 2019 & June 2019
Location: Tiruvannamalai, Tamilnadu
Note: Proceed to the payment link at the bottom after reading the entire terms & workshop details.
One doesn’t have to be an Architect or an Engineer to be a Natural builder. Anyone can build a natural building with right knowledge about using Natural materials. This two-day initiative aims at introducing participants to the basics of Natural building. People from different walks of life can come together; and learn by doing hands-on work and observing existing projects in our campus. It can serve as a platform to share experiences with like-minded people and arrive at a living in harmony with nature.
Workshop 1: 13-14 October 2018
Workshop 2: 06-07 April 2019
Workshop 3: 08-09 June 2019
Thannal campus, Tiruvannamalai, Tamilnadu.
Nearest Railway Stations: Thiruvannamalai, Kattpadi and Villupuram.
Nearest Airport: Chennai, Bangalore.
The workshop fee is Rs.7000/- (Indians) and USD 115/- (foreign nationals) which includes lunch and excludes accommodation and site visit’s travel expenses.
We function in a manner in which all our studies, documentations, travels and researches are funded with the money from workshops, not from any external funds, sponsorships and fellowships. Projects are done on a gift culture, without any consultation fee, which are the results of our studies of Indian Traditional Natural Building techniques. We expect people who want to learn from us understand this situation and kindly not ask for discounts in our study programmes. As we do not have any scholarship available right now, you can find a sponsor for yourself to study with us (you will be supporting us this way).
|Introduction To Natural Building||Theory|
|Introduction To Materials||Theory|
|Earth – Sampling/Testing||Prototype|
|Lime – Cycle/Slaking/Bagging||Prototype|
|Bamboo/Wood – Treatment||Prototype|
|Wall Systems :|
|Wattle And Daub||Hands On|
|Mud + Lime Plaster||Prototype|
|Presentation on Natural Builders, Roofing, Flooring||Theory|
We will be suggesting various guest houses near to site, where inquires can be made by the participants for accommodation. Accommodation is not included in workshop fee.
Participation is limited to 15-20 participants only, in first come first serve manner. Kindly use the payment link below to register for the workshop. This is only 50% of the workshop fee (Rs. 3,500/-), which has to be paid in advance to confirm your registration (non-refundable amount). Remaining 50% of the fee (Rs. 3,500/-) is to be paid on the 1st day of workshop, in cash only. Accommodation options and location of campus etc. will be shared after your registration is done.
We are seeking participants with all levels of experience. Most importantly, applicants should have enthusiasm, a deep willingness to learn, an appreciation for working with their hands and a good attitude!
You can cancel your participation in this workshop, but registration money can only be transferred to someone you nominate, as it is non-refundable, or you can also retain the amount as credit with us and use for our future workshops.
- This workshop is open to all profession and age group.
- We don’t entertain non participants at workshop site during workshop hours, unless it is unavoidable (please let us know in advance).
- We welcome families taking part in the workshop together. Children below 10 years can attend the workshop for free with parents. Children from 10-18 years of age has to pay 50% of workshop fee.
- Do respect privacy of others when you go visit any nearby sites.
- This is exclusively a hand-on workshop so get ready to stretch and twist your muscles.
- Do wear light comfortable cotton clothes, preferably old, to beat the heat. There are very less chances of your clothes not getting soiled.
- The sun can be a bit harsh here so carry sunscreen and head gears.
- Do keep yourself hydrated to avoid any discomforts. You can also carry Electoral & Glucose for that extra boost of energy.
- Wear foot wear that you can slip in and out of easily. Our Natural Cob Gym will need the use of your bare feet!
- At times, working with hands can get a little rough; you can get a pair of work gloves along!
- Please carry your emergency medicine if and when required.
- Keep your cell phones away while working, this is a no selfie zone.
- The itinerary is subjective to change as per the site and weather conditions.
- Participants are advised to get their own head gears and gloves.
- The itinerary is subjective to change as per the site conditions and local weather.
- For queries:
Press the below button for Payment or go to this Link- http://imojo.in/4cil3c
|13-14 October 2018||Press the below button for Payment or go to this Link- http://imojo.in/4cil3c|
|06-07 April 2019||Registration will open in January 2019|
|08-09 June 2019||Registration will open in March 2019|